Friday, January 29, 2010
WXYCs Top 20 of 2009
Without further ado:
- Jack Rose & The Black Twig Pickers - s/t (Klang Industries)
- V/A - The Sound of Wonder! (B MUSIC/FINDERS KEEPERS)
- Yoga - Megafauna (Holy Mountain).
- Major Lazer - Guns Don't Kill People… Lazers Do (Downtown/Mad Decent)
- Cave – Psychic Psummer (Important)
- Blues Control - Local Flavor (Siltbreeze)
- Sir Richard Bishop - The Freak Of Araby (Drag City)
- The XX- XX (YOUNG TURKS)
- Edward sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes- up from below (Community)
- Peaking Lights - Imaginary Falcons (Night People/NNF)
- Cupp Cave - Garbage Pail Beats (Thin Consolation)
- Dam-Funk - toeachizown (STONE'S THROW)
- Bill Orcutt - A New Way to Pay Old Debts (Palilalia)
- Richard Youngs - Beyond the Valley of Ultrahits (Sonic Oyster)
- Fuck Buttons- The Tarot Sport (ATP Recordings)
- Kurt Vile - Childish Prodigy (Matador)
- Animal Collective - Merriwether Post Pavilion (DOMINO)
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble - S/T (HONEST JON'S)
- Emeralds - Emeralds (Wagon/Gneiss Things)
- Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt. II (Ice H20)
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
WXYC 90s Dance is back!!!
Friday Jan 29 @ Nightlight
Wear your flyest 90s gear! Facebook here
Monday, January 11, 2010
Dear XYC Listener,
Wanna DJ? This might be your chance! The station is hiring for the spring semester. There will be an Open House @ 6pm on Tuesday, January 19th, when you'll get to check our facilities and record collection. Later that evening at we'll have an Interest Meeting @ 7pm in the Union Cabaret. Come out and bring your friends!
Note, you gotta be a student to apply.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
RECORD FAIR THIS SUNDAY!!
The first ever WXYC Record Fair will be held at the Nightlight on Rosemary St this Sunday (December 6th) from 11am-5pm. This event is free (though we will gladly take donations if you feel so inclined) - so come on out to show your support for WXYC and snatch up some great music. We've got vendors coming in from all over the state with some great records at reasonable prices. We'll also be selling supercool 'xyc gear that makes for great holiday-time gifts. Good music, good people, and the bar opens at Noon! What more could you want out of a Sunday afternoon?
Check out the facebook page here
Monday, November 30, 2009
Web Streams Redux
For those of you listening on our web streams, we've fixed some technical issues and our signal's back to full strength.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
80s Dance Tickets ON SALE NOW!
WXYC is holding its Semi-Annual 80s dance again this December 4th.
As usual, it is happening at the Cat's Cradle.
We will be blasting 80s tunes from 9pm till around 2am.
So come then donning your best Miami Vice blazer, sequined prom dress, shoulder pads, or just your best gaudy and dazzling eighties spirit.
Tickets will be sold in the pit from November 30th to the day of for $5 in advance, and at the door for $8.
See you there!